IRWIN – Nominate A Tradesperson
Competition based on skills
Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK and Republic of Ireland, 18+ only. Competition based on skills. Enter between: 03.05.16 and 30.09.16, divided in five periods. No purchase necessary, valid email address and internet access is required. To Enter: Nominate a professional tradesperson who has made a difference to you personally or in your community by entering an essay and uploading it on www.irwin.co.uk/nominate during the Promotion Period and following the instructions (a “Nomination”). You may nominate yourself if you are a professional tradesperson. Semi-finalist Prize: Five semi-finalists will each receive 1x £500 (€644) IRWIN AVR Tool Kit, 1x pair of tickets to Construction Week event at NEC Birmingham in October 2016 with accommodation and travel costs included to a maximum of £850 (€1095), plus IRWIN apparel worth £160.50 (€207). Semi-finalists will be only selected if they are also eligible for the Grand Prize. Grand Prize: One finalist will be selected based on his/her skills from the five semi-finalists and will receive 1x apprentice for 12 months, £5000 (€6440) cash and a commemorative plaque. Visit www.irwin.co.uk/nominate for full terms & prize details. Nominates to be selected need to be able to accept the apprentice for 12 months. Promoter: Promoter: Fine Writing Pens of London Limited, Colet Court 100 Hammersmith Road, Garden Floor, London, W6 7JP, United Kingdom.
Full Terms and Conditions:
- This Promotion is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 09.00 BST on 3rd May 2016 and 23.59 BST on 30th September 2016. During the Promotion there will be five separate Promotion Periods to enter and 1x semi-finalists will be chosen after each period. From the five Semi-Finalists one Finalist will be chosen. See below for entry details:
||Opening Date and Time
||Closing Date and Time
||00.01 BST on 3rd May 2016
||23.59 BST on 31st May 2016
||00.01 BST on 1st June 2016
||23.59 BST on 30th June 2016
||00.01 BST on 1st July 2016
||23.59 BST on 31st July 2016
||00.01 BST on 1st August 2016
||23.59 BST on 31st August 2016
||00.01 BST on 1st September 2016
||23.59 ST on 30th September 2016
- To Enter: No purchase necessary however a valid email address and internet access is required. Go to www.irwin.co.uk/nominate and complete the form with your contact details and nominate a professional tradesperson, by writing an essay as described below, who has made a difference to you personally or in your community (Nominee) during the Promotion Period and following the instructions (a “Nomination”). You may nominate yourself if you are a professional tradesperson. A “professional tradesperson” is defined as a person, who for his/her profession has been paid to perform a skill/trade and utilizes tools and/or power tools to complete this skill or trade.
Nominations must include an Essay of no more than 500 words stating why you believe your nominated professional tradesperson or yourself has made a difference in the community. Essays must be original, created by the nominator, unpublished, may not have been submitted to other Promotions and cannot infringe upon any rights of any third party including but not limited to any copyright, trade name, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other rights of any person or entity. Once submitted it may not be further edited. The Essay must convey the nominated professional tradesperson’s innovation and passion for his/her trade through community service. The Essay must be factually accurate, e.g., based on actual events and circumstances. Essays need to include the phone number and valid email address of the nominee.
- By entering the Promotion, the nominators give their permission for their nominations to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes. Copyright will remain with the nominator. However, by entering this Promotion, any nominator, no matter whether he, or his nominee, is a semi-finalist, finalist or not, agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
- All nominations must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
- Maximum one nomination per person, per trade person/company during the entire Promotion Period (from 3rd May 2016 to 30th September 2016). Any further entries submitted by one person for the same trade person/company will not be accepted or judged and are ineligible to win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to use reasonable means to verify the validity of the reasons behind any nomination submitted for the Promotion.
- Winner Selection: The five Semi-Finalists and the Finalist will be selected by a panel of judges composed of an IRWIN Xpert judge plus 4 independent judges upon the criteria established.
a. Semi-Finalists: All valid entries received during the relevant Promotion Period will go through an independent weighted vetting process (based on 5 criterias) and the 10 ‘best entries’ will be judged by the independent panel of judges within 10 working days of the end of each Promotion Period in accordance with the following criteria:
I. Keeping with the spirit of the Ultimate tradesperson theme;
II. The impact made by the nominee in his or her community;
III. Emotiveness of submission
IV. Impact of tradesperson on submitter (this would be 0 if the nominator nominates themselves)
V. Longevity of tradesperson’s impact
VI. Quality of work carried out by tradesperson
Nominations will be judged on the basis of information submitted with the Essay submitted. Semi-finalists will be only selected if they are also eligible for the Grand Prize.
For each of the 5 monthly judging periods, the nominee whose nomination receives the highest score, from the judges, will be declared the Semi-Finalists for that promotion period, subject to verification, and will receive a Semi-Finalists Prize. The dates of each judging are listed below:
||Judging Selection Date
||7 June – 13 June
||7 July – 13 July
||4 August – 11 August
||7 September – 13 September
||5 October – 10 October
b. Finalist: The Finalist should be able to accept an apprentice, provide him with training, and abide with applicable employment laws. All Semi-Finalists will be judged by a second panel of judges using the same criteria above, and the nominee whose nomination receives the highest score among the five Semi-Finalists will be declared the Final winner during Construction Week event. In the event of a tie, tied nominations will be judged by an additional independent tie-breaking judge using the same criteria.
- Moderation: The Promoter will reject all nominations which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. contains any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
b. includes trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
c. defames, misrepresents, or insults other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners); and
d. promotes any political agenda.
- Winner Notification:
a. Semi-Finalists: The five winners will be contacted via the email address and phone number provided upon entry within 5 working days of each Promotion Period judging and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility (of that they can accept/accommodate an apprentice for a minimum of 12 months) plus acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact excluding promotion period 5 where the winner must respond with 5 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 14 days of initial contact (7 days for promotional period 5) or if the winner cannot accommodate an Apprentice, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternative winner selected in the same manner.
b. Finalist: The winner will be notified at the Construction Week event show no later than 19 October 2016
The Promoter is not obligated to notify the nominator that his or her nominee has been selected as a prize winner.
a. Semi-Finalists: The winner of each Promotion Period (5 in total) will be a semi-finalist and each will win:
i. 1x £500 (€644) IRWIN AVR Tool Kit comprising of the latest IRWIN Tools valued at the 2016 list prices for the finalists - RRP of one Toolkit : GBP £500 (€644);
ii. 1x pair of tickets to Construction Week event at NEC Birmingham, North Avenue, Birmingham, B40 1NT on 18th-19th October 2016 with accommodation and travel included for the semi-finalist and his/her companion worth approximately £850 (€1095). Tickets will be supplied to winners in person at the event; Companion must be 18 years or older.
iii. IRWIN apparel/gear. Items cannot be purchased externally and consists of 1x polo shirt, 1x pullover, 1x jacket, 1x branded beverage container and 1x 1c bottle opener/key chain. Total is approximately £160.50 (€207).
b. Finalist Prize: From the five Semi-Finalists the Finalist will be selected, and will win:
i. The services of an Apprentice for 12 months fully paid;
ii. 1x commemorative plaque;
iii. 1x £5000 (€6440) cash.
- Please allow up to 28 days for the delivery of the Prizes from the date of winner acceptance, unless otherwise stated.
- Semi-Finalists Additional Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The Prize includes 1 night’s stay for the winner and one guest in a three star hotel with breakfast, lunch and dinner included;
b. Travel will be pre-arranged prior the winner’s travel but £50 (€64) can be provided in the form of a pre-paid MasterCard to cover the semi-finalist and his/her companion’s travel expenses;
c. If the hotel booking is cancelled by a winner, no alternatives will be offered and, for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided;
d. The winners are solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes;
e. A valid credit or debit card may be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services;
f. The prize does not include any other costs of a personal nature not stated (including spending money) all of which will be the sole responsibility of the winners and their guests; and
g. Winners are responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guest whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or guest from participation in the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
- Finalist Additional Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The Finalist will be entitled to have a fully paid Apprentice work for them, under contract between the Finalist and the Apprentice from 2nd January 2017 until 31st December 2017;
b. At the end of the Apprentice’s contract period, the Grand Prize winner will be able to decide whether to retain the Apprentice or not, at their own cost and subject to a new employment contract (in accordance with apprentice employment laws);
c. The agreed wages for the Apprentice will be paid by the Promoter’s agency directly to the winner’s company on a quarterly basis in advance via a bank transfer;
d. The job specification, required skill sets and actual selection of the individual to fit the Apprentice role will be jointly agreed between the Promoter and the Finalist, however the costs of advertising and selecting the Apprentice will be borne by the Promoter;
e. The Apprentice will be registered with a formal Apprentice Programme and, as with any apprentice role, the Finalist will be expected to allow the Apprentice sufficient time to complete the agreed training programme;
f. The Finalist will also need to sign a contract with the Promoter to confirm that they will be responsible for the welfare and health & safety of the Apprentice as with any of their employees and abiding to employment law;
g. The Finalist and the Apprentice will be required to keep in contact with the Promoter on a monthly basis with updates and participate in any reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion;
h. In the event of any job performance or other disciplinary matters, the Finalist is asked to consult with the Promoter and the agency prior to any employment action;
i. The Finalist will receive the £5000 (€6440) via a bank transfer; and
j. The Finalist will receive their commemorative plaque on 19 October 2016
- A Semi-Finalist will only be chosen as a Semi-Finalist if they can take on the Apprentice in accordance with the Finalist Prize details and conditions as described above (as mentioned in point 11 and 14) If this cannot be confirmed then the Prize will be forfeited by that Semi-finalist and another Semi-Finalist will be chosen in the same manner.
- The Prizes are non-transferable, are not exchangeable and the winner shall not decide to have cash alternative in whole or in part.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative Prizes, of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond their control, this excludes the apprentice prize.
- By submitting a Nomination or accepting a Prize, as applicable, each nominator and winner agrees to release and hold the Promoter and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies harmless from and against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Promotion.
- If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these terms and conditions, if Prize notification or a part of a Prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner otherwise declines a Prize, then the Prize will be forfeited and, at Promoter’s discretion, awarded to an alternate.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery of the Prizes from the date of winner acceptance, unless otherwise stated.
- For the purpose of this Promotion, we need to gather your personal data. You have the right to access, modify or remove your personal data by writing to the following address: Newell Rubbermaid UK Services Ltd, Halifax Avenue Fradley Park – Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS138SS, UK.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete entries, entries submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, entries submitted by macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that participant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize awarded will be void.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant (nominator or nominee) entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any Prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of Nomination as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received entries or winner notifications.
- Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil this offer where such failure is caused by any supervening circumstances amounting to force majeure. Such circumstances shall include, but shall not be limited to, severe weather conditions, fire, flood, war, earthquake, riots, industrial dispute, terrorism, acts of god, supervening legislation, or events which, without the fault of either party, render performance impossible or incapable of satisfactory execution. Promoter shall not be liable for any failure in communication services such as telephone, post or internet.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (nominator or nominee).
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- The name and counties of the winners will be available by sending a request to: IRWIN Nominate a tradesperson Promotion, Rave Communications, 37a Parkfield Road, Coleshill, West Midlands, B46 3LD which will be available after 19th October 2016 for 4 weeks.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
Promoter: Fine Writing Pens of London Limited, Colet Court 100 Hammersmith Road, Garden Floor, London, W6 7JP, United Kingdom.